Events in the Huon Region
Huonville - Franklin - Glen Huon - Cygnet - Jundbury - Ranelagh - Grove
Huon Valley Mid Winter Feast
- Friday the 12th to Sun 14th Of June
- WEB: www.huonvalleymidwinterfest.com.au
- Inspired by pagan traditions, the earth and all its elements, the changing seasons and traditional Morris dancing costumes, we encourage festival goers to dress up and express themselves. The festival has a history of attracting huge crowds of attendees donning greenery, feathers, fur and leather, and with over $2,000 of prize money to give out, it’s a good idea to get started early on creating your work of art!
- January 10th-12th 2020
- WEB: www.cygnetfolkfestival.org/
- Cygnet Folk Festival, one of Australia’s most iconic folk music festivals. Very highly regarded by musicians and festival-goers from all over Australia and overseas, competition to come to Cygnet is at an all time high amongst performers, and last year we had a record number of applications! The Festival is a showcase of eclectic music genres featuring both local and international talent, dance, poetry, masterclasses, film, kids' entertainment, food, wine, art and local handicrafts all set in the breathtaking scenery of Tasmania's Huon Valley.