Events in the Huon Region
Huonville - Franklin - Glen Huon - Cygnet - Jundbury - Ranelagh - Grove
- Aug 1st 2019
- WEB: Project X
- Venture south and explore large-scale public art in Tasmania’s Huon Valley. Project X presents a series of major artworks in the Huon, with the aim of bringing visitors back to the south in the wake of the bushfires that recently ravaged the island.
A DarkLab project, supported by the Australian government and the Tasmanian government through Tourism Tasmania, and Mona. DarkLab acknowledges the support of Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service, and Events Tasmania.
- January 10th-12th 2020
- WEB: www.cygnetfolkfestival.org/
- Cygnet Folk Festival, one of Australia’s most iconic folk music festivals. Very highly regarded by musicians and festival-goers from all over Australia and overseas, competition to come to Cygnet is at an all time high amongst performers, and last year we had a record number of applications! The Festival is a showcase of eclectic music genres featuring both local and international talent, dance, poetry, masterclasses, film, kids' entertainment, food, wine, art and local handicrafts all set in the breathtaking scenery of Tasmania's Huon Valley.
Taste of the Huon
- Sunday 8th and 10th of March 2020
- WEB: A Taste of The Huon
- A Taste of the Huon’, now in its 27th year, is a celebration of fine food, wine, entertainment, arts and crafts from the Huon Valley and Channel region – held at Ranelagh which is only 30 minutes scenic drive south of Hobart.
Huon Valley Mid Winter Feast
- Friday 10th to Sun 12th Of June
- WEB: www.huonvalleymidwinterfest.com.au
- Inspired by pagan traditions, the earth and all its elements, the changing seasons and traditional Morris dancing costumes, we encourage festival goers to dress up and express themselves. The festival has a history of attracting huge crowds of attendees donning greenery, feathers, fur and leather, and with over $2,000 of prize money to give out, it’s a good idea to get started early on creating your work of art!